27th SGIFF: SG Originals | Future of Cinema Forum
FUTURE OF CINEMA FORUM
INDEPENDENT FILM: NAVIGATING THE DIGITAL SPACE
26 NOV 2016, SAT / 1.00PM / 150min
IMPORTANT TICKETING INFORMATION BELOW
With so many platforms available online for independent filmmakers to present their work and challenge their creativity, filmmakers are not only spoilt for choice, but they also need to make more informed decisions before their film gets out. From online filmmaking competitions, funding initiatives, community-sourced production companies and distribution portals, this forum aims to equip and empower the independent filmmaker with the information they need to realize the potential of their films and artistic pursuits. Find out how you can retain your creative rights, monetize your works, challenge yourself even further with artistic collaborations, and extend the lifespan of your film beyond the festival circuit, with pointers and case-studies from our industry experts.
ABOUT THE SPEAKERS
Missy Laney, Film Strategist
Missy Laney has guided over 250 artists through successful crowdfunding campaigns, including Sean and Andrea Fine’s Oscar-winning Innocente and Adam Nimoy’s documentary For the Love of Spock. Laney has also worked at the Sundance Institute growing their #ArtistServices Initiative, a program that focused on how technology is changing the way audiences interact with films, and at BitTorrent Inc, leading their film strategy where she launched The Discovery Fund, BitTorrent's first ever artist granting initiative.
Anderson Le, Director of Programming (Hawaii International Film Festival)
Anderson Le has worked diligently in the global promotion of independent and world cinema as director of programming for the Hawaii International Film Festival, now in its 36th year. Le also serves as artistic director for the Los Angeles Asian Pacific Film Festival and a program consultant for the Far East Film Festival in Udine, Italy. He is co-founder, with Hollywood director Justin Lin, of YOMYOMF.com, an Asian American pop culture blog and digital media company, where he has curated short films and is in development of several digital projects for various video-on-demand and over-the-top platforms.
Jared Geller, Executive Producer (HITRECORD)
Jared Geller serves as Executive Producer for HITRECORD, the community-sourced production company founded by Joseph Gordon-Levitt. Since 2010, HITRECORD has produced art and media spanning across a wide range of creative formats including short films, books, live events and television. Season One of HITRECORD’s weekly variety show, HITRECORD ON TV, won an Emmy Award for Outstanding Achievement in Interactive Media. Previously, Geller produced shows and theatrical events at some of the world’s most prestigious live venues, including the Sam Mendes directed, Rufus Wainwright Sings Judy Garland, which was nominated in 2007 for a Grammy Award.
Scott Kaplan, Senior Vice President (FilmBuff)
Scott Kaplan is the SVP of Global Sales and Distribution at FilmBuff, a digitally-focused independent film distributor and sales agency in New York. He oversees all aspects of both domestic and international distribution & sales for FilmBuff’s releases, while also focusing on corporate strategy and business development. Recent releases include Jared Leto’s Artifact, and Vice Media’s All This Mayhem. He also sources and negotiates deals for a library of over 1000 films including Exit Through The Gift Shop and Senna. Prior to joining FilmBuff in 2013, Kaplan negotiated multichannel acquisition deals for DISH Network after working as an agent at International Creative Management in Los Angeles.
• A fully refundable fee of $5 will be charged for each ticket booking. Register and turn up for the event. If you turn up, the booking fee will be refunded by Peatix electronically, otherwise, it will be forfeited.
• Seats are issued on a first-come-first-served basis (free seating arrangement).
• Registration will close on 25 Nov 2016, 6pm. Any cancellations must be made before the ticket cut-off date and time, otherwise your registration will be locked-in.
• The refund will be handled by the credit card company of the credit card used to purchase the tickets. The refund process will vary depending on the cut-off date of the credit card.
• Should the refund be done before the credit card cut-off date: The refund process will be handled in the current month so no money will be deducted for ticket payment. In most cases, both the ticket payment and the refund will appear separately on the credit card statement.
• Should the refund process be done after the credit card cut-off date: The payment of the ticket order will be processed. Peatix will refund the amount in the next month through a negative invoice.
Note: Peatix are unable to look up cut-off dates of credit cards. Peatix accepts VISA, MasterCard and AMEX.
LINKS TO OTHER MASTERCLASSES:
- ANURAG KASHYAP
- DARREN ARONOFSKY
- FRUIT CHAN
- DARREN ARONOFSKY
- HERMAN YAU
- NAOMI KAWASE
- TRAN ANH HUNG
LINKS TO OTHER TALKS:
- CINEMA LEGEND: SIMON YAM
- THE ROAD TO MANDALAY
- MUTATING MYTHOLOGIES - HYBRID CINEMA OF LATIN AMERICA
- ACTORS UNSCRIPTED WITH JACK NEO
- DEVELOPING SCREENPLAYS IN SINGAPORE
- ELEVATING YOUR STORY THROUGH SOUND DESIGN
- EXPLORING VR360 IN SHORT FILMS
1:00 PM - 3:30 PM SGT
- *SCAPE Gallery (Level 5), 2 Orchard Link, Singapore 237978
Free seating (Refundable) SOLD OUT $5.00
- Venue Address
- *SCAPE Gallery (Level 5), 2 Orchard Link, Singapore 237978 Singapore